Peach, pistachio & white chocolate pound cake
A dense and indulgent tea shop-style sponge cake with white chocolate and cream cheese frosting
Cook:1 hrs 5 mins
Nutrition per serving
- 250g pack butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 200g full-fat Greek yogurt
- 200g bar white chocolate, 50g grated, remainder broken into chunks
- 2 peaches, stoned and diced into 1cm or smaller chunks
- white chocolate chunks (see above)
- 200g tub full-fat soft cheese
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped pistachios
Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Butter and line the base and sides of a deep 22cm cake tin with baking parchment, then beat the rest of the butter and the sugar together until pale. Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla, eggs, yogurt and grated chocolate. Beat together, then stir in the peaches.
Scrape into the tin and bake for 1 hr, until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin.
To make the icing, melt the chocolate chunks in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then remove from the heat. Beat the soft cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth, then beat in the yogurt until smooth. Scrape in the melted chocolate and beat again. Chill until ready to use.
Swirl the icing over the top of the cake and scatter over the pistachios.