Harissa chicken with chickpea salad
By Good Food
A low-fat, fibre-filled supper with a superhealthy side – just the thing for midweek
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthways through the middle
- 1 tbsp harissa
- fat-free natural yogurt and wholemeal pitta bread, to serve
TipUse up leftover harissa
Salmon with harissa crust for 2. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix 4 tbsp breadcrumbs with 1 tbsp harissa. Press on top of 2 salmon fillets and bake for 10-12 mins until the crust is golden and the salmon is cooked through. Serve with the chickpea salad and lemon wedges.
Mix the tomatoes, onion and chickpeas together, stir through the parsley and lemon juice and season.
Coat the chicken with the harissa. Heat a griddle or frying pan or barbecue. Cook the chicken for 3-4 mins each side until lightly charred and cooked through.
Divide the salad between 2 plates, top with the harissa chicken and serve with a dollop of yogurt and warmed pitta bread.