Gnocchi with lemon & chive pesto
By Good Food
Potato gnocchi make a welcome change from pasta. Give them a go in this simple veggie supper for two
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- small bunch chives, snipped
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, plus extra for serving
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 500g pack gnocchi
Make the pesto up to a day ahead, but add the lemon juice at the last minute - this will allow the herbs to stay fresh. If you want more veg, cook some small broccoli florets, green peas or beans with the gnocchi.
Place the garlic, herbs, pine nuts, cheese and lemon zest in a small bowl, season well, then stir in the olive oil and lemon juice. Set aside.
Cook the gnocchi in a pan of salted boiling water following pack instructions, then drain well. Tip into a serving bowl and toss through the pesto. Serve with extra grated Parmesan, if you like.