Farro salad with roasted carrots & feta
This mineral-packed salad counts as two of your five-a-day – save any leftovers for your lunchbox
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 500g carrots, halved or quartered (baby carrots can stay whole)
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g farro or pearled spelt
- 100g baby spinach
- 50g feta cheese (or vegetarian alternative)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- small handful parsley, finely chopped
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Put the carrots and onions in a large roasting tin, drizzle with the oil and season well. Roast for 25 mins.
While the vegetables are roasting, boil the farro or spelt following pack instructions. Drain and tip into a bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients with 1 tbsp water and some seasoning, then stir half through the warm grains.
When the vegetables finish cooking, pour over the remaining dressing and mix well. Toss with the grains and spinach, then crumble over the feta.