- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 200g can tuna, whatever type you've got in the cupboard
- ½ a bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 thick slices of granary or wholemeal bread
- 50g cheddar, coarsely grated
- generous pinch of paprika
Preheat the grill on its highest setting. Drain the tuna, flake it into a bowl and mix with the spring onions and mayonnaise. Season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
Toast the bread under the grill until it’s nicely browned on both sides, then spread the tuna mixture on top, right up to the edges of the toast. Scatter over the cheese and put back under the grill until the cheese is bubbling.
Slice in half, sprinkle with paprika and tuck in.