Bresaola with exotic fruit salsa
By Mary Cadogan
Contains pork – recipe is for non-Muslims only
Clever shopping is key. Use packs of prepared fruits to be super-quick and, if you can’t find bresaola, use prosciutto
- Serves 6
Nutrition per serving
- 6 pineapple slices, finely chopped
- 6 mango slices, chopped into cubes
- 18-24 slices bresaola (try the deli counter)
- pack of rocket or watercress
- olive oil, to serve
- balsamic vinegar, to serve
- olive ciabatta, warmed, to serve
TipGood Food know-how
Buy the best extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar you can, Belazu balsamic vinegar is good. You’ll really taste the difference in simple dishes like this one.
Mix together the pineapple and mango. Arrange the slices of bresaola on 6 serving plates with a small handful of rocket or watercress on each. Spoon over the fruit salsa and drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar just before serving. Serve with slices of warmed olive ciabatta.