1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
In order to provide you with the full range of BBCGFME services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information BBCGFME may collect about you;
- cookies and their usage;
- how BBCGFME will use information we collect about you;
- whether BBCGFME will disclose your details to anyone else;
- when BBCGFME may use your details to contact you;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
Our websites may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information, which you submit or which is collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WILL BBCGFME COLLECT ABOUT ME?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from BBCGFME, such as newsletters, competitions, magazine subscriptions, readers' offers, surveys, or online registration we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different services or webpages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable BBCGFME and its partners to provide you with the services you select.
We may also use your IP address for some of our website services (please see our Cookies policy below).
3. HOW WILL BBCGFME USE THE INFORMATION THEY COLLECT ABOUT ME?
BBCGFME will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for service administration purposes, which means that BBCGFME may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, as set out in section 5: When will BBCGFME contact me? below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to notify you of changes to our service;
- to personalise or improve the way BBCGFME content and advertising is presented to you online:
BBCGFME may collect your IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet) and place cookies (see our Cookies Policy above) for the purpose of improving our sites and enhancing your user experience, sometimes including the display of selected ads which are appropriate to your browsing pattern. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you;
- IP addresses may also be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- to analyse and improve the services offered by a BBCGFME website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience;
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
- where you have specifically consented to be contacted for these purposes, to send you direct marketing by telephone, post or email about special offers and current or new products that you may be interested in;
- to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf; and
- to inform you about our partners’ special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Where BBCGFME proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. WILL BBCGFME SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
Generally, we will only use your information within the BBC Good Food ME Group in order to provide the service/product you have requested. Although terms is extended to CPI Media Group (BBCGFME’s parent company in the Middle East) and BBC Worldwide Group (BBCGFME’s global arm), we will not pass your information to other members of the group for marketing purposes unless you have consented to this.
We will only disclose your data to third party data processors with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service. The data processors to which we may pass your data will be CPI Media Group, BBC Worldwide Group companies, and appropriately contracted third parties. Otherwise, we will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 7: Offensive or inappropriate content on BBCGFME's websites below.
BBCGFME will require all third party data processors to whom your information is disclosed to comply strictly with its instructions and BBCGFME will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
5. WHEN WILL BBCGFME CONTACT ME?
BBCGFME may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that BBCGFME can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive newsletters or other correspondence;
- to invite you to participate in promotions, competitions, and surveys, about BBCGFME services (participation is always voluntary);
- to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and BBCGFME; and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see section 6: Will I be contacted for marketing purposes? below).
Our websites and other publications will give you detailed information about how BBCGFME will contact you in relation to specific services.
6. WILL I BE CONTACTED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
BBCGFME won't contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you agree to be contacted for these purposes.
7. OFFENSIVE OR INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT ON BBCGFME'S WEBSITES
If you post/send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on a BBCGFME website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, BBCGFME may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where BBCGFME reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of the law (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), BBCGFME may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
With the absence of the comments section, message board facility or any other similar service on the site, the moderation of these possible future modules within bbcgoodfoodme.com would be carried out by a team within BBCGFME.
8. WHAT IF I AM A USER AGED 16 OR UNDER?
If you are aged under 16, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide personal information to BBCGFME. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. HOW LONG WILL BBCGFME KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with BBCGFME or BBCGFME's corporate retention schedule. If you wish to cancel your subscription to our newsletters you do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in our emails. If you change your profile to opt-out of receiving communications, your record may stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
Where you contribute to a BBCGFME service or website, BBCGFME will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
10. CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION BBCGFME HOLDS ABOUT ME?
Under the Data Protection Law of 2007 you have the right to request a copy of the personal information BBCGFME holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
CPI Media Group
Office 804, 8th Floor, Grosvenor Business Tower
TECOM C, Dubai, United Arab Emirates