Loading the player...
Points to remember
- Put two sheets of ready rolled pastry onto baking parchment. Scatter evenly with almonds and dust with icing sugar. Top with a second sheet of parchment and a baking tray to fully cover the pastry. Weigh down with tins of old rice or baking beans and bake in the oven then leave to cool.
- Trim the pastry to fit in the tin. Line the tin with more parchment and put the trimmed pastry in the bottom, almond side down.
- Cut the second pastry lid into 10 slices then assemble on top of the custard, pressing lightly so they stick but don’t crack. Set for 4-5 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Soak gelatine in cold water. Put the custard ingredients in the pan, turn on the heat and whisk continuously until smooth and thick. Turn off the heat and add the gelatine, squeezed of any excess water.
- Using a spatula, scrape the custard into the tin. Working quickly, spread the custard out evenly.
- To serve, take from the tin, peel off the paper and finish cutting into individual slices. Finish with a dust of icing sugar.