Thai coconut & veg broth
By Good Food
Get a taste of Thai with this quick and easy noodle soup cooked all in one pan
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 1½ tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1l vegetable stock
- 400ml can half-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 175g medium egg noodles
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ head Chinese leaf, sliced
- ½ x 300g bag beansprouts
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice 1 lime
- 3 spring onions, halved, then finely sliced lengthways
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
Many curry pastes contain dried shrimp and fish sauce. Read the labels carefully if you want to make this a vegetarian dish. If you're cooking this for meat-eaters, try adding shredded leftover roast chicken.
Place the curry paste in a large saucepan or wok with the oil. Fry for 1 min until fragrant. Tip in the vegetable stock, coconut milk and brown sugar. Simmer for 3 mins.
Add the noodles, carrots and Chinese leaf and simmer for 4-6 mins, until all are tender. Mix in beansprouts and tomatoes. Add lime juice to taste and some extra seasoning, if you like. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with spring onions and coriander.