- 2 nori sheets
- 100g skinless salmon fillets (use really fresh), thinly sliced lengthways
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded, thinly sliced lengthways
- squeeze wasabi, plus extra to serve
- pickled sushi ginger, to serve
- light soy sauce, to serve
- salmon roe, to serve (optional)
- 100g sushi rice
- 2 tsp saké or mirin (optional)
- 1 tbsp caster sugar (omit if using mirin)
- 25ml rice vinegar
Vegetarian- Avocado slices, cooked asparagus spears, tofu
strips, omelette strips, steamed green beans or pepper slices.
Seafood- Cooked crabmeat and prawns, raw or canned tuna,
smoked mackerel, smoked eel or salmon roe.
Beef and chicken- Thinly sliced rare roast beef, teriyaki chicken
or crumbed and deep-fried chicken pieces.