Lemon & pepper mackerel pasta
Choose a wholemeal version of your favourite pasta shape and serve with this light but comforting fish mix
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 300g wholemeal pasta shapes
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 150ml low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- zest and juice 1 lemon, plus extra to serve, optional
- 2 x 110g cans steam cooked mackerel fillets (we used John West)
- 140g half-fat crème fraîche
- small bunch parsley, chopped
Cook the pasta in lots of boiling water following pack instructions. Meanwhile, cook the leeks in the stock until really soft. Add the lemon zest and juice, fish, cre?me frai?che and parsley and take the pan off the heat.
Drain the pasta, holding back a little of the cooking water, then add pasta to the pan. Mix well and season with lots of black pepper, then add a little of the cooking water if it looks a bit thick.
Divide between four bowls and serve immediately with extra lemon, if you like.