Chilli pepper pumpkin with Asian veg
This five-spice roasted squash dish is healthy and simple – the perfect midweek supper
- Serves 2
Nutrition per serving
- 1 small pumpkin or ½ butternut squash, cut into chunks (seeds removed), no need to peel
- 2 tsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp each mild chilli powder and five spice powder
- 175g thin-stemmed broccoli
- 175g bok choi, quartered
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lime, ½ juice, ½ cut into wedges
- few coriander leaves
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Toss the pumpkin in the oil, then sprinkle on the chilli powder, five-spice, 1 tsp black pepper and a pinch of salt, and mix well. Tip into a roasting tray in a single layer and cook for 25-30 mins until tender and starting to caramelise around the edges.
About 5 mins before the pumpkin is cooked, heat a wok or large frying pan and add the broccoli plus 1-2 tbsp water. Cook for 2-3 mins, then add the bok choi, soy, vinegar and honey, and cook for a further 2-3 mins until the veg is tender. Add the lime juice, then divide between 2 plates with the pumpkin, coriander leaves and lime wedges.