Chilled green soup with feta
By Esther Clark
Serve this chilled green soup as part of a summer menu. No cooking is required – simply whizz up the ingredients to make a refreshing, nutrient-packed meal
plus 1 hr chilling, no cook
- Serves 4
Nutrition per serving
- 70g vegetarian feta, crumbled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 200g baby spinach
- 2 large ripe avocados, stoned and cubed
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 250g natural yogurt
- small bunch basil
- 2 tbsp toasted mixed seeds, to serve
Put the feta in a bowl and pour over the olive oil, coriander seeds, chilli and lemon zest. Set aside.
Tip the remaining ingredients (except the seeds) into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Season. Add 50-100ml cold water and blitz again to loosen. Chill for up to 1 hr.
Pour into four bowls and top with the feta, marinating liquid and seeds.