- 300g pack corn tortillas
- 200ml pot reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 85g strong cheddar, grated
- small handful jalapeño peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 20g pack chives, finely chopped
- classic tomato salsa, to serve (see tip below)
In a food processor, whizz ½ a 20g pack mint, 4 quartered limes and 5 tbsp demerara sugar for about 1 min until the limes are very finely chopped. Press through a sieve into a large jug, then stir in 300ml white rum. Can be chilled for up to 1 day. When ready to serve, mix with 600ml cloudy apple juice, 300ml sparkling water, 2 limes cut into chunks, 1 thinly sliced green-skinned apple, the remaining mint and lots of crushed ice. Mix well and pour into glasses to serve.Classic tomato salsa
Very roughly chop 4 tomatoes and 1 red onion. Put into a food processor with a big handful coriander, a drizzle olive oil, a squeeze lime and a pinch sugar. Season, then pulse a few times until everything is finely chopped. Spoon into a serving bowl. Will keep in the fridge for several hrs.