- 8 eating apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 4 medium Bramley apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 8 firm pears, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 6 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- 280g dried sour cherries (or dried cranberries)
TipIf you want to use a slow cooker...
Leave a big batch to simmer over the course of a day or night. Put the apples, pears, sugar and cherries into the slow cooker pot with 50ml of water and give it a good stir. Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours, until the Bramley apples have collapsed to a purée and the pears and eating apples are tender. Serve as above.